Not sure why the picture looks like shit…
This is a continuation of my series of Federal Constitution. I should title the series to be Keyboard Warrior Guide to Federal Constitution of Malaysia, perhaps not. Its such a sacred document.
Today’s series will go on Part 1 – 4, the Supreme Law of the Federation. Here is the actual constitution:
- Federal Constitution is the SUPREME law of the federation. No other law will supersede this law. I guess – the following quote will work – “When In Doubt – Go With Federal Constitution”
- Federal Constitution will not be questioned at all
- I am confused with part 3 of this article… gosh.. Read it about 10 times still don’t get it!
- Same as 3… gosh
I guess this is a very confusing part… Maybe because it’s too early in the morning.
Just for reference:
Clause 2 of Article 9
Clause 2 of Article 10
Continuation of my write up on the constitution
Few points to ponder:
- Islam is the official religion of Malaysia but it does not mean that other religion cannot be practiced.
- States with rulers (Sultan) – the Head of religion would be the Sultan. Conference of rulers might extend this position or powers to Agong.
- Head of religion for Penang, Malacca, Sabah and Sarawak is YDP Agong.
- Head of religion for the Federal Territories is YDP Agong.
Well – I supposed in the state constitution its stated that the ruler or Sultan for the states will need to be a Muslim, otherwise there is a contradiction between the Head of religion versus the official religion.